Here at Schnitz, we are one big family, passionate about spreading happiness with authentic hand-crafted schnitzel.
From our stores to our support office and our franchisees, we live and breathe our values of quality, compassion, integrity, and family. And it’s our love for making people happy that brings us all together and makes our dedicated, passionate family business thrive.
At Schnitz, service is at the core of everything we do. We achieve together, embrace diversity and work hard to get it right. And with restaurants across the country, it’s clear that we’re onto something special.
We are seeking an experienced Construction Project Managers with a background in food fit-outs. Reporting to the Head of Property and Franchising, the Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing all Design and Construction processes for Schnitz commercial fit-outs, de-fits and refurbishments.
As the Construction Project Manager, you will be accountable for driving customer side objectives in design, budget, construction and timing. We are seeking an outcome driven and highly experienced individual, with the ability to build rapport and network with both internal and external stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
The Role Recipe:
- Manage and maintain the construction process of commercial food fit-outs, de-fits and refurbishments;
- Map out and track project processes, timelines and budgets;
- Manage applications for permits and utilities;
- Drive completion of projects within set-out timeframes and budgets;
- Manager lessor regulatory obligations with 3rd party stakeholders;
- Report on project progress and costings;
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in construction and commercial design within a franchising environment within the Retail/Hospitality sector;
- Tertiary qualifications in Interior Design/Architecture, Project Management and/or Construction Management;
- Detailed design knowledge and the ability to understand and interpret design drawings and details;
- Strong construction knowledge with an understanding of the tender process, BCA, regulations, town planning and lessor and contractor obligations;
- Strong experience in project processes, budgeting and timeline forecasting;
- Relevant experience leading and managing a team;
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
Our commitment to you:
- Flexible work arrangements and a fantastic work culture built on a foundation of quality, collaboration, integrity and family;
- Work as part of a dynamic and innovative team in a multi-faceted and challenging role;
- Excellent office with benefits such as team lunches, table tennis, barista coffee machine, birthday celebrations and complimentary fruit;
- Opportunities for continued career growth and development.
Schnitz is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Apply now to join the Schnitz family with your resume and cover letter and make our passion yours!